Wednesday, September 15, 2010

BBAW- Day 3 Unexpected Treasure

Book Blogger Appreciation Week- Day 3 Unexpected Treasure.

Today we are supposed to share a book that we tried and read due to the influence of another blogger.  The book that I read and loved and probably never would have read without a lot of encouragement was Northhanger Abbey by Jane Austen.  The blogger who hosted a readalong was Jennifer from Reading with Tequila. 

I read one other book by Jane Austen (Sense and Sensibility) and found that Jane and I just didn't have the makings for a good reader/author relationship but when Jennifer suggested a readalong with only 50 pages a week and about 8 other bloggers signed up to read it too, I knew I should try Austen again.  I am so glad I did!  I loved Northhanger Abbey, and I discovered I love readalongs as well.  So basically if anyone wants to host an Austen readalong, I am in.