Monday, April 18, 2011

Minnesota Book Awards 2011

Minnesota Book Awards 2011

The Minnesota Book Awards were presented on Saturday, April 16th, 2011 to a sold out crowd.
I would love to say I was in attendance but I was not.  Next year, I hope to attend and read some of the book finalists before I get there.

And the winners are........



Fiction Category  
Vestments
By:  John Reimringer
I can't wait to read Vestments.  Milkweed Press sent me a copy to review.  So be on the lookout for my book review.

Genre Fiction Category
The Tale of Halcyon Crane: A Novel
By:  Wendy Webb
A ghost story that is sure to cause you to lose sleep.  Another book I am looking forward to reading.

Young Adult Category
Blank Confession
By: Pete Hautman
I love Pete Hautman.  I have read several of his books and recommend them to students on a regular basis.


Poetry Category
Find the Girl
By:  Lightsey Darst
This poetry collection looks really intriguing.  Love the cover art!

Reader's Choice Category
News to Me: Adventures of an Accidental Journalist
By:  Laurie Hertzel
I met Laurie in January at the Loft Literary Center.  She is the current Books Editor at Minneapolis Star Tribune.

Memoir and Creative Non-fiction category
Carrier: Untangling the Danger in My DNA
By:  Bonnie J. Rough
Check this one out.  It would be so hard to know you have a genetic condition that you could pass on to your children.  This looks powerful.

General Non-Fiction category.
The Opposite of Cold: The Northwoods Finnish Sauna Tradition
By:  Michael Nordskog and Aaron W. Hautala
Really great photography in this book.  What person doesn't love a sauna?

Children's Literature category
My Heart Is Like a Zoo
By:  Michael Hall
Animals that are cut out in the shapes of hearts.  Any child would love this book.

Minnesota category
North Country: The Making of Minnesota
By:  Mary Lethert Wingerd



The title says it all. 

Congratulations to all the authors who won and to all the finalists.
Read Minnesota!



No comments:

Post a Comment