Friday, January 6, 2012

Mockingjay by Suzanne Collins

Mockingjay by Suzanne Collins

A satisfying conclusion to The Hunger Games Trilogy, Mockingjay takes the reader on a tour of duty in the war between the Thirteen districts and the Capitol.  Katniss becomes the face of the Revolution as she tries to reconcile the evils of war on the people she loves.  Katniss inevitably becomes a pawn in a lethal battle of wills between two giant forces and her personal consequences are devastating. 

Mockingjay is full of surprises, twists and turns that leave the reader shocked and surprised.  I think this is what I like best about The Hunger Games Trilogy is that the storyline of each book leads me on a nail biting adventure I wasn't expecting.  I loved the ending of Mockgingjay and that the author kept the reader guessing until the very end.  There is no way you could predict the ending. 

This is the only trilogy I read in 2011.  I read frantically the last week of the year to complete Mockingjay before 2011 ran out.  If you haven't started this series yet, I would say it is time to jump on the bandwagon. 

Another thing I love about The Hunger Games Trilogy is that is a multi-generational series of books that appeal to a wide variety of people.  My mom and my son have read all three books as well as countless nieces, nephews, teaching colleagues and my book club.  Now the movie versions are beginning in March of 2012 and I will be lined up to see them with my son on opening night.  Forget Twilight, these books are Hot, burning hot, like Katniss, The Girl on Fire!

2 comments:

  1. I enjoyed this, too, and thought it was a good conclusion. My husband isn't much of a reader but he loved these books, and now my daughter is reading the first one.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Love this - "Hot, burning hot, like Katniss, The Girl on Fire!" :)

    ReplyDelete