Monday, January 16, 2012

My Reading Buddy

Meet my Reading Buddy!

Hi Everyone, a few weeks ago, Steph from Steph the Bookworm put out a call for a reading buddy for 2012.  She wanted a friendly reading competition, reading support and friendship throughout the year.  I loved this idea so I contacted Steph and the adventure in reading has started.  Steph and I have agreed to be non-competitive reading buddies and we will reward each other with the gift of a book if we accomplish our goals at the end of 2012.  We have both agreed to try and read 100 books this year but secretly I will be happy if I make it to 80.  Every Sunday we send an update by e-mail with the number of books and titles we have read with details on how our week went.  We have had two Sunday updates so far and I love it.  Steph made up some interview questions and we both agreed to answer them and post on our blogs.  So here is my interview of Steph.


1.Can you tell me about your job?
I am a library clerk at my local library.  It is a civil service job. I work on the circulation desk and also process the new incoming books for adult services. I always find way too many new books to read at work! I am working on my Master's in Library Science and will finish in about a year. Then I will be a librarian!

2. What do you like to do when you're not reading?
I love to hang out with my dog, Dakota! I also love playing games with my friends. We love board games and Singstar! There are some TV shows I also DVR every single week and love to watch: Dexter, Glee, Revenge, Desperate Housewives... just to name a few!

3. What do you think about books being turned into movies?
I usually like the book better! I always HAVE to read the book before I see the movie, and I always make sure to tell everyone "that was a book first, did you know?!" "The Notebook" was one of the only movies I thought was as good as the book. I now have to read One For the Money since my mom loves the series and is dying to go see the movie, though she insists Katherine Heigl should NOT be Stephanie. I guess I'll find out after I read it!

4. What was your favorite book you read in 2011?
I have a few: Exposure by Therese Fowler, Things We Didn't Say by Kristina Riggle, Simply From Scratch by  Alicia Bessette, 32 Candles by Ernessa T. Carter, and a few others. 

5. What three books are you most excited to read this year?
The Hunger Games - gotta read it before the movie! Keepsake by Kristina Riggle because she is an amazing writer. Jessica Rules the Dark Side by Beth Fantaskey because I loved the first one!

Stop by Steph's blog at http://www.stephthebookworm.blogspot.com to say HI and check her out. 
Have a great day!

No comments:

Post a Comment