Tuesday, July 24, 2012

High Summer Read-a-Thon Wrap-up

High Summer Read-a-Thon Wrap-up and Mini-Challenge winner!

I love Read-a-Thons as they push my kids and I to get extra reading time in during the day and to finish all the books on our summer reading list.  Not much has changed since my update post a few days ago as the weekend was busy and did not offer up much free time to read.  Plus my son came home sick from Boy Scout camp and I had to take him to urgent care.  Poor guy.

Luckily, Georgia and I both accomplished our reading goals.  I finished three books and Georgia, my daughter finished two.

Here are our book stats:  Georgia finished,
1.  No Such Thing as Dragons by Philip Reeve
2.  Smile by Raina Tegemeier
She started a 3rd book called One Hundred Dresses by Eleanor Estes.

Laura finished:
1.  Rebecca by Daphne Du Maurier
2.  Olive Kitteridge by Elizabeth Strout
3.  The Homecoming of Samuel Lake by Jenny Wingfield

MINI-CHALLENGE WINNER IS:  Srivalli @Valli's Book Den blog
Congratulations Srivalli. 

Each participant had to take one aspect of the book they were reading and show an illustration/picture/photo for it.  Then they briefly explained the connection to the book. 

The winner, Srivalli did her mini-challenge on Dracula by Bram Stroker.

Thanks to everyone who participated in the mini-challenge and thanks to Michelle at The True Book Addict for hosting!