Monday, July 16, 2012

High Summer Read-a-Thon

High Summer Read-a-Thon

It's time to join Michelle and other book lovers for the High Summer Read-a-Thon which begins today.  My daughter Georgia will be participating as well.  My son is at Boy Scout camp so he is out.  The nice thing about this read-a-thon is that you set your own goals, read at your own pace and still have time to get other necessary things done during the day.  So you can read a little or a lot, it is entirely up to you.

I will be offering a easy mini-challenge this week to participants of the read-a-thon on Wednesday.  If you want to sign up for the Read-a-Thon visit Michelle at Seasons of Reading blog and sign up.

So here are my reading goals for the week.  I would like to finish two books that I have already started and complete a 3rd book and maybe start a 4th.

These are the books I want to finish:

Olive Kitteridge by Elizabeth Strout
Rebecca by Daphne Du Maurier

This is the book I want to start and complete by Sunday:  The Homecoming of Samuel Lake by Jenny Wingfield.

Georgia plans to read:  No Such Things as Dragons by Philip Reeve.