Wednesday, July 11, 2012

Once Upon a Read-a-Thon Update

Once Upon a Read-a-Thon Update- Day 2

Yesterday was a very busy day for me and my kids.  We spent the day doing some community service with our church and then we went to the beach.  I was able to get a little reading done while soaking up the sun.  In the evening both of my kids had a game, (baseball or softball depending on the child).  I stayed up late to finish one book, Paper Covers Rock by Jenny Hubbard. 

Each of us has a goal to finish one book and so far, My daughter and I have accomplished this.  My son is about 100 pages into his book by James Patterson called Middle School, Get Me Outta Here!
Georgia finished the graphic novel, Witch and Wizard, Battle for Shadowland by James Patterson.  She is now reading the new Dork Diary book called The Not so Graceful Ice Princess.  I have never read a book by James Patterson and here both my kids love him.  Funny.

Now I am reading Chime by Frannie Billingsley and hope to finish it today sometime.  Crossing my fingers.  I hope you all are accomplishing your reading goals.