Monday, July 9, 2012

Once Upon a Read-a-Thon

Once Upon a Read-a-Thon Intro Post

For the 3rd year in a row, my kids and I are participating in the Once Upon a Read-a-Thon.  I love that it takes place during the week!  I bought each of my children a new book and we made a stop at the public library so we are set up with great books and busy reading.  Each of us has a goal to finish at least one book. We don't have a lot of time to read because we have other commitments like softball, baseball, ice skating, boot camp, summer stretch and Boy Scouts but we are excited!  Yahoo!

I am planning to read Paper Covers Rock by Jenny Jubbard as well as one short story a day from Olive Kitteridge by Elizabeth Strout.  I also plan to continue reading Rebecca by Daphne De Maurier and Chime by Frannie Billingsley.




My 11 year old daughter, Georgia is planning to read the graphic novel Witch and Wizard, Battle for Shadowland and the new Dork Diaries book.




 My 14 year old son, Max is reading Middle School, Get Me Out of Here by James Patterson. Yep, you guessed it, he is in junior high and he really loves books by James Patterson.

So wish us luck and I will post updates.  Feel free to post your reading goals and challenge updates on your blog and/or Twitter. We are using the hash tag #OUreadathon on Twitter! Here’s the list of participates and you can still sign up until 12:00am EST tonight!  Remember one lucky read-a-thoner will win a $60 gift card!
Sign up at http://www.pureimaginationblog.com/