Monday, July 22, 2013

High Summer Read-a-thon

High Summer Read-a-Thon

Today marks the beginning of another read-a-thon for me.  I can't participate in any during the school year and so I try to make the most of my reading time during the summer.  Michelle at Seasons of Reading is the host and this is my 3rd year participating.  Feel free to go and sign up.  I am even hoping to host a reading challenge again this year for read-a-thon participants.

So here are my goals for the week.
1.  Finish reading City of Bones by Cassandra Clare.  I am on page 215 right now.

2.  Read 80-90 pages in The White Queen by Phillippa Gregory.  This is for a read-a-long.

3.  Read all of Moonbird by Phillip Hoose.  Try to read a chapter or two a day.

4.  Finish listening to audio book The Raven Boys by Maggie Stiefvater. I am half done with this audio book.  On Part 5 of ten parts.

5.  Start another book??  Not sure which one yet.

Note:  I have a busy week.  My son is getting his braces off and he has a baseball playoff game.  I am getting a massage and packing for a weekend camping trip.  Packing seems to take forever.  Oh and I have a ton of laundry to do.  Hoping I can accomplish these goals but not sure.  Wish me luck!!