Wednesday, July 10, 2013

Once Upon a Read-a-Thon Update and mini challenge

Once Upon a Read-a-Thon Update and mini challenge

So far I have been accomplishing my reading goals and I am so happy.  My kids on the other hand are not doing as well.  Oh well, I guess I expected that.  Friends, video games and TV are more important to them than reading right now and that is fine.

So far I have completed one book,The Year of the Gadfly by Jennifer Miller.  I have read 525 pages total in two days and I finished reading my pages in The White Queen by Phillippa Gregory for my read-a-long.  Yesterday I started The Magician's nephew by C.S. Lewis and read about 100 pages.  I plan to finish this book today and start a new one.  Not sure which one yet.  I also read one chapter in Farmer Boy by Laura Ingalls Wilder to my daughter which equals about 10 pages.

Max:  Did not read at all yesterday and doubt he will read today.

Georgia:  Read 20 minutes in The One and Only Ivan and listened to one chapter of Farmer Boy by Laura Ingalls Wilder.


Mini-Challenge
This mini-challenge is brought to you by Dizneee's World of Book blog.


For my little challenge, I would like for you to tell me your favorite genre, favorite book within that genre, and your favorite character from the same genre.

My absolute favorite genre is Historical Fiction.  I love reading a book that takes place in history and makes that history come alive for me.  I love imagining what life was like in a certain time period and I love learning about actual people and events from a period in history.  

My hands down favorite book is Gone with the Wind by Margaret Mitchell.  

My favorite character is:  I have no idea.  Scarlet is definitely the most memorable character I have read about but I don't think she is my favorite.  So here are some of my favorites.  Kunta Kinte from Roots.  Ahab's wife by Sena Jeter Naslund, Ishmael from Moby Dick.  Rebecca from Rebecca.

Who are your favorites?