Thursday, July 11, 2013

Once Upon a Read-a-Thon Wrap-Up

Once Upon a Read-a-Thon Wrap-Up

The read-a-thon has come to an end and I met and exceeded my goals this year.  Oh yeah! So here is what I accomplished.

I read two books and parts of three others.
1.  The Year of the Gadfly by Jennifer Miller - Finished
2.  The Magician's nephew by C.S. Lewis - Finished
3.  The White Queen by Phillippa Gregory - 85 pages
4.  Farmer Boy by Laura Ingalls Wilder -3 chapters about 30 pages.
(read aloud to daughter)
5.  The Pregnancy Project by Gaby Rodriquez - 96 pages
Total pages read:  733 pages read.

Wow.  I have done better this year than in the last two read-a-thons.  I am so proud of myself.  So happy to get some good reading done.  Doing the happy dance.

Max:  Read a total of an hour for the three days.  It is disappointing but I know he has other priorities right now.

Georgia:  She listened to three chapters in Farmer Boy by Laura Ingalls Wilder and read for a total of 3 hours.  She is almost finished with her book The One and Only Ivan.  She has about 20 pages left.

Thanks so much to the hosts of this read-a-thon. This read-a-thon is hosted by Pure Imagination, Candace's Book blog and Reading Angels.

Can't wait for next years Read-a-Thon!