Saturday, April 5, 2014

Book Spine Poetry

Book Spine Poetry
Inspired by an email I received from Red Balloon Books, I decided to create a poem from the spine of books on my shelves.  I suspect this is the first of many to come since April is National Poetry Month.  Let me know what you think.  I am pretty proud that I was able to use two Hemingway titles and a Steinbeck and a Markham.  I am not going to lie, this was super fun and I think you should try it.  If you do, please drop by and provide a link in the comments.  If you post on Twitter or Tumblr or Facebook, use the tag #bookspinepoetry and include me in the link if you can.  Have Fun.  Beware it is somewhat addicting.



Any human heart,
For whom the bell tolls,
Love warps the mind a little.
Open Secrets,
Cascade,
West with the night.
The moon is down,
The sun also rises,
Where the heart is.