Wednesday, December 31, 2014

Goodbye 2014

Goodbye 2014

2014 was a year full of ups and downs for me.

I started a writing club this year that meets every other Tuesday and have been dedicating more time to writing poetry as well as short stories. I started a novel and have a huge outline going. I even took a poetry class and a short story class this year. I'm super proud of myself for doing that.

I read over 100 books in 2014.  112 to be exact.  This is the most I have ever read in my life in one year. I read a huge variety of books from many genres.  Not sure if I will ever read this much again in one year.  It helped that I broke my foot in 3 places in May and couldn't walk all summer.  Crutches suck by the way.  I spent most of my summer in a boot, lying on the couch with my foot up.  Then my son broke his ankle in 2 places and now we are up to our ears in medical bills.  Sad.

I took three trips this year. I went to New York City in January and again at the end of March with my daughter and several high school students.  I LOVE NYC!  Then in June I traveled to Maryland/DC area for National History Day and my student Tasha took home the top prize in the Nation in the senior paper category.  It was an amazing experience and one that I will never forget.  It was the highlight of my teaching career so far.

In September I started teaching a college class.  This has been one of my goals and it frankly is hard to teach high school and college at the same time.  So hard but I'm managing with less free time, less reading, writing and blogging (my blogging really took a hit) time and my kids cooking dinner and online grocery shopping.  Can anyone say "super busy"!

I will post a goals 2015 piece in the next couple of days.

Happy Last Day of 2014!!